It has come to my attention that the Storyline of AdventureQuest is not that easy to find, what with certain quests rare and other scattered every which way throughout Lore. Therefore, let this Guide be your… Guide. (Falerin would smite me for redundancy.) Guardian-Only quests are marked in bold blue. Rare quests are marked in bold red. Read the quest entry as a substitute to playing through the quest.
The main storyline thus far is the Devourer Saga (many years in the making!). Prior to starting the Devourer Saga, it would be wise to also complete the following in any order (except the Darkovia quests; play the Darkovia quests prior to the Nightbane Chronicles).
- Travel Map > Travel South > Yenghaland
- Travel Map > Zorbak’s Hideout > Twilly vs. Zorbak > Twilly vs. Zorbak Part II > Zorbak’s Trickery!
- Warlic’s Mage Shop > Class Quests > Mage Quest! > Next x3 > Mage Class Quests
- Travel Map > Sail East > The Maelstrom
- Twilly > Hello! > The Frogzard Hunter! > Visit the Frogzard Hunter > Do all quests 1-4
- Travel Map > Darkovia Forest
- Yulgar’s Inn > The Devourer Saga > Strange Whispers > The Nightbane Chronicles OR Travel Map > Sail East > Sail East > The Devourer Saga > Strange Whispers > The Nightbane Chronicles
(Don’t actually read “Strange Whispers” if you don’t want spoilers.)
- If you can, go back in time and play through Frostval 2006 (or just read the Encyclopedia Entry linked)
- If you can, go back in time and play through 4-Leaf Clover Field! to be introduced to Kalanyr (or just read the Encyclopedia Entry linked)
To understand the events of the Devourer Saga (to a certain degree), do the following quests in the given order.
- Twilly > Hello! > Heard any rumors?
- Yulgar’s Inn > Go to Lounge > Sage Uldor > What do the Drakel want?
- Travel Map > Granemor > Dewlok > Any Drakel around? > Drakel
- Travel Map -> Granemor -> Boog’s Tavern -> Upstairs -> Talk to Thalia
- Isle d’Oriens > Falerin’s Domicile > Click on the Time Scroll lying on the extreme left side of the table
- Travel Map > Sail East > Stonerule > Speak to Artix > To Stonerule! > Take a closer look… > The Carnax Saga Cut Scenes OR The Last Stand > Carnax Saga Scenes
- Travel Map > Sail East > Stonerule > Speak to Artix > To Stonerule > Take a closer look… > The Return of Riona Shadowgale!
- Travel Map > Sail East Twice > The Devourer Saga > Mount Thrall > Pod 1 > Relive the Battle to Save the Future! The Story > More Story * 3 > First Meeting with Maxwell and Morgan OR Battleon Inn > The Devourer Saga > Mount Thrall > Pod 1 > Relive the Battle to Save the Future! The Story > More Story * 3 > First Meeting with Maxwell and Morgan
- Travel Map > Sail East Twice > The Devourer Saga > Mount Thrall > Pod 1 > Relive the Battle to Save the Future! OR Battleon Inn > The Devourer Saga > Mount Thrall > Pod 1 > Relive the Battle to Save the Future!
(In other words, play through the Carnax Saga. Don’t actually read the parts that occur in the future of the Devourer Saga.)
- Isle d’Oriens > Falerin’s Domicile > Click on the Time Scroll closest to Falerin on the left
- Isle d’Oriens > Falerin’s Domicile > Click on the second highest book in the stack on the table > Read
(In other words, play through the Dragon War and then the Great Fire War. Don’t interact with the island or talk to Eldron; they talk spoilerifically.)
- Read the following in the following order if you wish to understand Deren and the surrounding nations’ interactions and who Glenn Galrick is.
- Travel Map > Sail East Twice > The Devourer Saga
- Be sure to play through The Mysterious Crater and to explore the Isle d’Oriens after Epic Quest 9. (By “Explore,” I mean, read all of the books, especially the books entitled “The Fisherman,” “The Archmages: History Revealed,” and “Lore: The Origins.”)
- After reading the book on The ArchMagi, go to Yulgar’s Inn. Enter the Lounge, and go FAR right. Read the note on the table and follow the instructions. (Doing so will cause you to play through Claw Tip Landing and the Dense Red Fog.)
- Also be sure to play through the Sinister 7 War after playing through Part 4.
- Do NOT play through The Nova Knight until AFTER the rest of the saga and WarpForce are completed.
- The Path to Greatness explains the occurrences in Part 6: Hope: Beneath the Shifting Sands (rather, it is a prequel)
There are several other sagas in the game besides the Devourer Saga. Be sure to play them in the correct relation to the Devourer Saga. Notes are made below on the ones for which order matters.
- The Dracomancer Saga may be played at any time; however, be aware that The Dragon King occurs during the Devourer Saga and that everything preceding leads up to it. Everything after FireSpawn should be saved for after the Devourer Saga.
- The Frogzard Hunter’s Quests 1-4 come before the Saga, as mentioned. 5 and onward may be played after.
- Prior to the Nightbane Chronicles come the first chapters of the Dracomancer Saga up to the point where Cyrus and Galanoth agree upon an uneasy peace for the first time. This is no longer in-game.
- The Drakel Civil War at K’eld Naer occurs after the arrival of The’Galin.
After playing the Devourer Saga, several other Sagas come into play. To play them in the correct order, read the following notes.
- The Terrible Twelve War happens after the Sinister 7 War and after The Return of Stragath, Infernal Inferno, MetalFace’s Lair, Captain Munch Attacks, the Hybee Hive Raid, and the Knight Class Quests.
- Paxia Under Siege happens after the Final Battle of the Devourer Saga.
- Granemor and the Bizarre Flecks/Hall of Memories Quests are very intertwined. For their proper order, follow the guidelines below:
- New Granemor has many interesting quests. Morgul’s in the Inn can be played whenever, so long as it’s after the completion of the Devourer Saga.
- As for the rest of the quests, do them in this order:
- 1: Maurinelle’s Voice > 6: Visia War
- 2: War for Darkovia > 5: NightReign VS. GraceFang!
- 7: Absolix Rising
- 6: The Hall of Memories (OPENING SCENE ONLY)
- 8: The Bloodline! > 10: Absolix Attacks
- 1: The First Door
- 11: Absolix Final Battle
- 6: Resistance is Feudal!
- 2: The Second Door > 3: The Third Door
- Prologue > 2: Meteor Storm
- 4: The Fourth Door
- April Fools 2010 (also play all previous April Fools quests before this one)
- 5: Tangled Web of Fate
- 3: Star Blecch! > 5: Us vs. Regeirk!
- 6: Darkovian Ultimatum > 10: Division By Zero
- 8: Become a Dracopyre!
- 12: Kragoth Part 1 > 14: Transient Immortality
- 6: Flecks Saga 2 Preview > 8: Aftermath
- 15: Absolix Falling
- 10: The Final Countdown happens before The Father’s Door. The rest of the Seekrat Saga should be played before 11: The Father’s Door.
- 11: The Father’s Door
- 8: Star Blecch 2 > 11: Journey Home
- WarpForce (the game) precedes several quests and sagas, including:
- The Truphma Saga may be played whenever, but the Paintball War occurs after the final Bizarre Flecks War (Mostly Harmful).
Note that Kill the Beast Parts 1 and 2 must be played after the aforementioned Paintball War.Eukara Vox got it in-game. 🙂
- The Elemental Orbs/Chessmaster Saga (starting with Lolosia Gets Iced: Snow White Beaches) directly follows events in the Devourer Saga.
- Parakkas Unbound follows Well of the Water Lord’s Tears and the rest of the Devourer Saga.
- Big Scakk Attack follows the entire Saga, Dragon Morphs! in Dragonspine, and 2: Scouting Mission but precedes Kragoth Part 1.
There are also some quests that have prerequisites unrelated to the Devourer Saga.