Ultimate and Complete Force Shielder Guide
I’ve answered countless questions on FS topics, so I’ve decided to make a FS guide. This is my first guide, so please comment lightly, thanks! :%7d
First off, for beginners, if you are a person who likes to inflict heavy AoE (Area of Effect) damage with rapid and flashy Sword skills while at the same time holding a huge crystal Astral Shield, then Force Shielder is the class for you.
For your stats: Always follow your "Growth" (press "C" then look above your STR, INT, DEX stats) ALWAYS follow Growth.
-Then when you finished Growth and don’t know what to do, meet the requirements for your Armor, Weapon, and Crystal. Then follow the next Growth.
Now when you make a Force Shielder, you have to decide, later on, if you want to be a Magic Force Shielder, Sword Force Shielder, or Hybrid Force Shielder.
Here are the good and bad, downs and ups, pros and cons, of each type of Force Shielder:
Magic Force Shielder
– You’ll be really really good in PVP because of your strong cannons AND you have the defense of a Warrior since you wear the same Armor as them.
-In my opinion, Magic Force Shielder levels you up and helps you gain Skill Experience faster at low levels because they do good damage.
-Nice DPS (Damage Per Second)
– You’ll be spamming cannons the rest of your CABAL life, and not showing any rapid and cool-looking Sword skills.
– IMO, there really is no point in making MFS. FA’s and Wizards have buffs to cover up their defense.
– You can’t wear Forcium or Shineguard. They require too much STR to wear and it’ll mess up your build.
Sword Force Shielder
– You’ll be an important player in your party because of your defense and AoE skills to take on those mobs.
-You have a LOT of cool-looking skills (Storm Cut, Shield Break, the list goes on…..)
– You can solo almost anything from quests to dungeons.
– You won’t do as good in PVP as a Magic Force Shielder because Magic Force Shielders have higher DPS (Damage per Second) and can pack a whallop from a distance like Force Archers.
Hybrid Force Shielder
-You’ll be balanced in everything, making you a decent Force Shielder.
– You have decent stats. Meaning you can beat a Sword Force Shielder in PVP and a Magic Force Shielder in PVE.
– You won’t be exceptional in one category. Meaning, that you won’t master the art of Sword and master the art of Magic as well as if you were one or the other.
– You’ll be sitcking to Osmium for the rest of your life. No Shineguard or Forcium for you. They require too much STR to wear.
Remember to ALWAYS cast your buffs, PVP OR PVE.
Mass Duels ( Guild Wars, Nation Wars,..)
Focus on one opponent at a time. If you’re dueling someone and an enemy decides to help, FadeStep away, and try using a ranged Skill. If you’re the only one alive, then fight to the death. Play it safe.
– DASH. LEVEL 9 DASH. If you don’t have it, you’re pretty much screwed against a Force Archer or Wizard. A good Archer will FadeStep as much as they can. Dash toward him and hit them with a ranged skill like a Magic Skill for Magic Force Shielders. Earth Divide and Shield Ray for the Sword Force Shielders. If they get too far away, use a Level 9 Force Kick. That helps alot, believe me.
-Same strategy as Archer. Try to stun and knock them down, that’s essential. Wizards deal crazy ass damage, and if you get hit by a spell, you will be hurt. Their moves in Master Rank and above especially hurt even at low levels.
Against Warriors, Bladers, Force Bladers, and other Force Shielders
-If you’re a Magic Force Shielder, then FadeStep and keep throwing in those Magic Skills. You should get some quick-casting spells and some heavy damage spells. Remember to Combo as well.
– If you’re a Sword Force Shielder or Hybrid Force Shielder, go crazy. Cast your chain of Sword Skills and hack-and-slash with them. Remember to Combo. And try not to break your Combo too. You should practice on Training Dummys if you can’t get at least 11 Combo.
-IF YOU DO NOT COMBO IN A PVP YOU WILL LOSE. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS COMBO COMBO COMBO.
Alright, now there are 2 types of skills in CABAL. One is Training skills and the other is Normal Gameplay skills.
For Training Sword Skills, you should always get the skills with the shortest cast time, and combo with them. I recommend getting 3 training skills for both Magic and Sword. I recommend these Sword skills for training because they cast pretty fast and you can get Skill EXP faster with short casting time skills.
* Impact Stab
* Rising Shot
* Shield Charge
For Training Magic Skills, same thing with the casting time. Here’s a note:
Get 3 Arrows, then "upgrade" to Lances. Don’t get Blasts because they have a long casting time, and that’s not good.
Now, it doesn’t matter which Arrows and Lances you get. It doesn’t affect how slow or fast you grind. But I will make a list of what Arrows and Lances I recommend.
* Arrows: Magic Arrow, Aqua Arrow, Fire Arrow,
* Lances: Terra Lance, Fire Lance, Aqua Lance,
Now, to Normal Gameplay Skills. These are the skills you will be using in normal gameplay (PVP’s, dungeons, quests, partying, PK’s,….) Here is the list of Normal Gameplay Skills you should get for Magic, Sword, and Hybrids:
* -Shield Splinter (FS’ best sword skill. ever. this skill crits 100% and crit is FS’ best friend.)
* -Shield Break (best damage skill and a 90% chance of knockdown.)
* -Shield Explosion (360 degrees knockdown with good damage.)
* -Shield Ray (the furthest ranged sword skill)
* -Storm Crush (this isn’t really good because it has a very long cast time, but you can use it before you can get better skills like the first 2 above)
* -Guillotine (frontal knockdown, but replace this with Shield Explosion.)
* -Shield Charge (this is a moving/attack skill, warps you 4 spaces up to hit the enemy)
* -Earth Divide (similar to Guillotine, but with further range and smaller radius)
* -Dash (this is a movement skill)
* -Fadestep (this is a movement skill)
* -Shield Harden (this is a buff skill)
* -Blade of Judgement (your only Stun Skill, essential)
* -Regeneration (this is a buff skill)
* -Crushing Blade (this is a buff skill)
* -Shield Harden (this is a buff skill)
* -Heal (quite lousy, but what the hell. You can use this and save some HP Pots.)
* -Blade of Judgement (your only stun skill, essential)
* -Terra Lance
* -Fire Lance
* -Aqua Lance
* -Stone Cannon
* -Fire Cannon
* -Aqua Cannon
– All of the skills listed above. (xD)
Note: Get all buffs and Dash and Fadestep no matter what build you’re going. Max out all buffs and Dash and FadeStep as well. The maximum Level of a skill is 20.
Your training skills should be kept at a maximum of Level 9. The reason I say so is because any other level higher than that will increase the cooling time, which is not good.
Your only Stun Skill, Blade of Judgement, is vital. It is your life-saver and without it, you can’t win any high-level quests, dungeons, and PVP’s. It is a 360 degrees skill that stuns mobs for 5 secs. In my opinion, you should leave it at level 9, where it has a cool time of 5.1 secs. Anything more than level 9 would not be good, because you would want to keep the mobs around you stunned, and you have to spam this skill every 6-7 secs to do so. Get this skill no matter what build you’re going for.
Tips on how to Farm Skill EXP.
You farm faster for both Magic and Sword Ranks by punching.
For one specific rank, get the training skills listed above and COMBO with them all the time. You should be comboing monsters that take you at least 11 Combo to skill grind.
Oh, and remember to get Adept pieces. They have to be +3 Skill EXP at the very least.
Here are some sites I think many of you know already, but I looked at all of these and trust me, they HELPED.
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?t=18278 (PVP tips and strategies for all classes)
http://cabaldatabase.com/index.php?x=7 (CABAL Database guide on Force Shielders, however, they have guides for all classes as well.)
http://www.cabalonline.com/gameinfo/character_forceshielder.asp (Official CABAL website in Europe. Contains the picture icons for all skills for all classes)
Well, this is about as far as I can give. All of my knowledge and more is posted here, in this Force Shielder Guide. Good luck and have fun. If you STILL need help, message me on OGPlanet or you can get my in-game-name and I’ll help you out in the game as well. I play in Venus.
Thanks to FireCloud84 (http://forum.ogplanet.com/member_profile.asp?PF=699706If) If it weren’t for him, I would not have been able to make this guide. He taught me everything on Force Shielders. Thanks again FireCloud84.
Credits go to timinh93.