Black Desert Online Fishing Hot Spots and Golden Spots Guide?by Legende
Hot Spots (by some referred to as Golden Fishing Spots) are providing a very high chance to catch blue and golden fish.
edit: Since a few people have been wondering if they?ve found a new hot spot or not. First, yes you can catch the fish listed below in other places, however and this is the defining point: If you?re fishing at a hot spot you?ll almost only catch blue and gold fish. About three-fourths of your catches should be blue or gold fish. You could literally afk fish at a hot spot without ticking the ?throw away useless items? box and you still would end up with an inventory full of blue and gold fish and this should be true even for a character with a ?Beginner? fishing skill.
Here is what we know about those Hot Spots:
- Hot Spots are kind of confirmed. Korean Patch Notes from 08/01/2016 translated to: ?Fishing Point has been moved along the ocean currents.??However we can not be sure if we are referring to the same spots as the devs. These spots are known in the KR version since a long time though.
- There may are multiple hot spots across the sea, even with different tables of fish. Important to determine a hot spot is the gray <-> blue/ gold ratio.
- Hot Spots seem to be moved manually by the Devs on a regular base with maintenance, therefore they are static. However, as of now (NA/EU) we can not be sure if Hot Spots are cycling in a pathern or not.
- Besides those static Hot Spots some players are reporting that moving Hot Spots (for distinguishing purposes may refer to them as ?Schools?) do exist as well. These Schools are moving beetween given spots and will provide the same fish as Hot Spots. The spots for Schools are likely to be changed with maintenance as well. See the addition at the end of this post for further information.
- Hot Spots are the same across all NA/EU servers and channels.
- Hot Spots are very narrow you can miss the spot by just a boats length or a turnaround.
- As of now (NA/EU) they were around the coast or offshore near the coast.
If you hit a Hot Spot, you will catch:
- Misc.: Ancient Relic Crystal Shard, Silver Key
- Gray: Fourfinger Threadfin, Butterflyfish, Jellyfish
- Green: Amberjack, Sardine
- Blue: Swordfish, Eel
- Yellow: Moray, Tilefish
- Orange: Coelacanth
This is what your inventory will look like after a session.
Note: Although this table is true for the currently known hot spot this doesn?t exclude that there could be hot spots with a different table of fish. In fact two different users postet this picture (credit: Darky_Alan) and this picture (credit: Cier). Therefore: Important is the high catch rate of blue and gold fish with the high lack of gray fish, even with the absence of fishing skill, to determine a hot spot.
To find Hot Spots you can try looking for other players. It is likely that a player highly ranked in fishing knows about a Hot Spot. You can always check a players location in the Velia Inn, talk to the hooded man, named ?Black-Robed Man? at the entrance on the opposite side of ?<Chef> David Finto?. You?ll have to pay him 10,000 silver and 5 energy though. To look up the names of high ranked players press P and click on ?Ranking? (next to the ?Profession? headline), then choose the fishing tab. You?ve to type in the name in brackets. If you have no luck, try to switch channels, the ranking is based of the channel you?re currently in after all.
As of now there are no indicators for a Hot Spot whatsoever. People are likely to try and error to find a Hot Spot in the first place. Maybe there is a list that is kept a secret among top players, but we could only speculate.
If you find a Hot Spot, be sure to share the location with the community, as we shared these information with you to beginn with! You may use this thread to share new locations after maintenance.
The current Hot Spot location is north of the Coastal Cave Node (west of Velia). Use this picture of the map and this picture of the minimap to locate the exact spot. You?ll see a bunch of other players fishing there already, you can?t miss it. Just make sure you are on spot, you know that you are on spot if you catch the fish I mentioned above. Credit goes to TheFistaCuffs, thank you for originally sharing this location!
Addition about Schools (Credit: Jaradis)
There are multiple locations of these spots. I know of 5 of them off the coast of Epheria Port. I catch totally different sets of fish in the exact same spot when it moves. When the spot is there the fish I get are completely different than when it?s not. And if I check the other spots, one of them will then have the fish table I was getting in the previous location and will no longer get the ?normal? fish from that spot. And it?s a clear spot even in the middle of a large node area, move more than a few fishing boats in length and you get the ?normal? fish again.
Normal, as in what is normally there most of the time and in the immediate area around the school. When the school is there I get Grunt and Moray (both yellow), Swordfish and Sea Eel (both blue), when it?s not I don?t get those and I get different fish completely. And I never get those other fish while the school is there.
If I start to get Porgy, Nibbler, Octopus, or Herring, I know the spot has moved, and instead of getting a majority of yellow/blue I?ll get mostly white/green with a few yellow/blue.
From what I noticed they stayed until a server maintenance. But there were many nights I didn?t go fishing there because I was all the way over in Altinova and didn?t want to ride to Epheria. But they were definitely there for days at a time.