Destiny Max Light Level and Raid Gear Guide?by noz3ro
Hello.?I thought I would make a new post to better educate all of the newer players with correct information. If you?ve been playing for a while this is likely very common knowledge to you already.
|Light Level||Required +Light|
|Level 21||21 Light|
|Level 22||32 Light|
|Level 23||43 Light|
|Level 24||54 Light|
|Level 25||65 Light|
|Level 26||76 Light|
|Level 27||87 Light|
|Level 28||98 Light|
|Level 29||109 Light|
|Level 30||120 Light|
What is Light? How can I get more of it?
At Level 20 you will require Light from armor to reach higher levels. Light is on most higher level pieces of Armor (18+) but you?ll want the Level 20 armor for the best results. Upgrading the armor will increase the Light stat on the it, often by 1 for Rare armor, 2 for Legendary, and up to 4 for Raid and Exotic armor. Rare Level 20 armor will cap at 15 Light a piece. This means with full Rare armor you will only achieve Level 24 (60 Light) and thus need something else to level higher. That?s where Legendary armor comes into play. It can cap at 27 Light, allowing you to level up to 28 (108 Light) and with a little assistance from Exotic or Raid Gear (which both cap at 30 Light) you can reach Level 29 (109 or higher). To achieve the current maximum level you need 120 Light. This requires a combination of 1 Exotic and 3 Raid armor or simply all four pieces of Raid armor, fully upgraded. Raid Gloves, Chest, and Boots can be obtained from Vault of Glass ? Normal Mode ? the helm is obtained from Hard Mode.
Note ? All Legendary armor starts at 18 Light, even Raid armor. Exotic armor starts at 21 Light. The cost of Ascendant Shards for Raid armor and Exotic Armor upgrades towards the end cost more than normal Legendary armor (8 instead of 6).
You can obtain all sorts of items from the Vault of Glass, to include Ascendant Energy, Ascendant Shards, Legendary/Exotic Weapons, and Raid Gear. Below you?ll find the items you can receive in addition to each set for each class. Items can be received from:
- The 1st Chest after unlocking the Vault.
- After clearing Phase 2 of the Templar fight (Oracles).
- After defeating the Templar
- From the left chest in the Gorgons? Labyrinth
- From the right chest in the Gorgons? Labyrinth
- After defeating the Gatekeepers
- After defeating Atheon
- Additionally, there is a chest in a hole to the left of the Templar which provides Spirit Bloom. There is also a rumored ?5th Chest? in the secret pathway from this chest, it is currently unconfirmed.
- Note ? Completing the Vault of Glass on Hard Mode before Normal Mode will reap ?double rewards? much like completing the Weekly Heroic at Level 28 includes the rewards for Level 22/26. Doing this will result in no rewards when doing the same checkpoints in Normal Mode, ie; if you?ve cleared up to the Gatekeeper in Hard Mode but defeat Atheon in Normal Mode you?ll receive the loot from Atheon still.
- Atheon?s Epilogue, Legendary Auto Rifle
- Corrective Measure, Legendary Machine Gun
- Fatebringer, Legendary Hand Cannon (Hard Mode)
- Found Verdict, Legendary Shotgun
- Hezen Vengeance, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Praedyth?s Revenge, Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Praedyth?s Timepiece, Legendary Pulse Rifle (Hard Mode)
- Praetorian Foil, Legendary Fusion Rifle (Hard Mode)
- Vision of Confluence, Legendary Scout Rifle
- Gjallarhorn, Exotic Rocket Launcher
- Hard Light, Exotic Auto Rifle
- Ice Breaker, Exotic Sniper Rifle
- MIDA Multi-Tool, Exotic Scout Rifle
- Monte Carlo, Exotic Auto Rifle
- Patience and Time, Exotic Sniper Rifle
- Plan C, Exotic Fusion Rifle
- Red Death, Exotic Pulse Rifle
- Suros Regime, Exotic Auto Rifle
- The Last Word, Exotic Hand Cannon
- Thunderlord, Exotic Machine Gun
- Truth, Exotic Rocket Launcher
- Universal Remote, Exotic Shotgun
- Vex Mythoclast, Exotic Fusion Rifle (Hard Mode)
Titan ? Normal Mode Set
Titan ? Hard Mode Set (Currently Unavailable)
Hunter ? Normal Mode Set
Hunter ? Hard Mode Set (Currently Unavailable)
Warlock ? Normal Mode Set
Warlock ? Hard Mode Set (Currently Unavailable)