I made a guide talking about Elemental Energy & the various ways to recharge Elemental Bursts!
TL;DR SPAM THAT ULTIMATE ATTACK, SON!
You need 40-80 Energy to charge your character’s Elemental Burst (Ult) Gauge.
Ways to charge:
Every 4-attacks charges 1 Energy. (Only applies to character on the field)
Damaging/Killing enemies gives a varying amount of elemental energy particles/orbs.
Using Elemental Reactions has a chance to generate elemental energy particles/orbs.
– 100% chance if using a team of two Electro & creating an electro-related reaction.
Elemental Skills (R2/E) generate an elemental particle of the type that the character is using.
– Xiangling’s Guoba, for example, generates PYRO particles for every enemy he hits.
– Some characters don’t generate energy from their skill & need good supports.
– Particles of the SAME element grant MORE energy to units of the same element.
* Xiangling’s Elemental Skill generates more energy for Klee (Pyro) than Jean (Anemo).
Certain weapons, artifacts, & talents can generate more energy for your characters!
– Weapons/Artifact Sets with Energy Recharge main/sub stat.
– Weapons with a skill that recharges energy, based on specific actions.
– Two-piece artifact sets with Energy Recharge bonuses.
– Talents that generate more energy based on specific actions. (i.e. Venti & Klee)
Particle Distribution Chart
In-depth video guide: