How to enable proper borderless windows on Genshin Impact:
- Navigate to your GI install (easy way is to right click on your Genshin Impact icon and click on ?Open file location?)
- Within your install, find the folder named ?Genshin Impact Game? and go into it
- Right click on ?GenshinImpact.exe? and click on ?Create shortcut?
- Right click on the shortcut made and click on ?Properties?
- Under ?Target? you want to add ?-popupwindow? to the end of the ?target? (your exe location) with a space between the ?target? and the ?-popupwindow?
- Hit ?Apply? and then hit ?Ok?
- Move the shortcut anywhere you want, you can rename it as well. This is now your new way to enter the game. I would recommend putting it next to your normal game shortcut since our modified shortcut bypasses launcher and we might need launcher sometimes (patches?)
- Once you?re ingame hit Alt+Enter. You?re done!
As an example for step 5, my target window looks like this:
?E:Genshin ImpactGenshin Impact GameGenshinImpact.exe? -popupwindow
Optional step if the window is smaller than your screen resolution (if you play on more than 1080p): Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREmiHoYoGenshin Impact where you should see ?Screenmanager Resolution Height?? and ?Screenmanager Resolution Width??, change these values to fit your monitor resolution.
TLDR: make direct shortcut to game then add argument to shortcut
Edit: You might need to change to fullscreen ingame then hit Alt+Enter before you can see any changes