RAID: Shadow Legends | RAID 101 | Buffs & Debuffs. Accuracy & Resistance

0
60

 

howare you guys? This is Hunter, and I bring you another episode of Raid 101. Just like the video in the previous episode, there will be many charts and numbers in this video. But there is a reason! In this video, we are going to solve one of the most asked questions-“Why didn’t my deduction take effect?” You need to know that the core of this question actually involves two separate processes. First, the probability that the skill actually triggers the debuff, and then the second part?? The battle between precision and resistance and the probability of successfully adding debuffs to the enemy.

 

The two processes occur at different stages. To answer this question thoroughly, we need to decompose the two processes, Can we specify the process of debuffing the enemy-hope this will not turn the video into a calculus course. First, activate the debuff. This part is very simple-this is the probability written in the skill description. Let us use Yasr as an example. Without any skill upgrade, her first attack?? Frustration-The last hit has a 75% chance to cast the weakness debuff. However, this is not the chance that the enemy will actually get the debuff… This is the chance of the skill trying to add debuffs. On the forums, you may see someone calling it “trigger probability”-or “trigger probability”.

 

Think of it as the probability of casting a debuff. In Yasr’s case, she has a 75% chance, which is a three-quarter probability, or a 3:1 ratio, to cast the debuff on the last hit. That is the original percentage-but we mentioned in another video-there is another piece of the puzzle, and that is the hit type. If the skill strikes a weak blow-the chance of appearing when the fighter attribute is at a disadvantage is high- Then the debuff will not be triggered unless there is an additional description in the skill description. Regardless of your precision or resistance status, if you receive a weak hit, the debuff will not be activated at the beginning. Well, let’s change the scene, the attack hits a strong hit, and the original percentage takes effect.

 

So what then? Once the debuff is cast-then it is released-then what will happen? How do we know if it will be triggered-how do we know if it will be added to the target? It’s just like in the movie. The magician of your favorite magic school recites the magic spell, the spell is cast, Then a huge fireball, frost, or other effect flies towards the bad guy. We are at this step now. Will the bad guy be frozen if the spell is released? It depends on his mana and the mana of good people. Or, in our game, a contest between precision and resistance. Now, we are going to talk about the second stage of debuffing-debuff precision against debuff resistance. Before we start, it is important to clarify the misconceptions-precision and resistance are not percentages. This is different from the crit rate, which is in a vacuum environment, prompting the probability of a skill hitting a crit.

 

Both accuracy and resistance may exceed 100. The larger the value, the stronger the ability. So, suppose we have cast a debuff-the first stage is complete, we now want to know whether the debuff will be successfully added to the enemy. In short, what is happening right now is a contest between your precision ability and enemy resistance. They collide with each other, and the precision of each point offsets a little resistance. The rest is the remaining precision or resistance value. Then we convert this number into the probability of actually adding a debuff. It sounds a bit difficult to understand, let’s elaborate. Fighter A tries to add a frozen debuff to Fighter B. Fighter A has a debuff accuracy of 100 points, and fighter B has a debuff resistance of 130 points. When they collide with each other, 30 resistance points remain.

 

Then we converted the 30 resistance points into the chance of adding debuffs. Since all fighters have an initial accuracy of 0 and a resistance of 30, This is actually the default result when you do not make any promotion to the fighter’s attributes. This situation is actually very simple-but because it is so simple, it often misleads people to draw wrong conclusions. 30 points more resistance than the attacker’s precision, and that’s the result. A 30% chance of blocking the debuff?meaning the chance of not being added?and a 70% chance of successfully adding the debuff. There are more resistance points than precision points, which may sound counter-intuitive, but listen to me. Like many settings in a raid, the attacker has a default advantage-even with 30 more resistance points, But the chance of adding debuffs is still higher than the chance of resisting debuffs.

 

Here is where people are confused: Having 30 points more resistance than the enemy means a 30% chance to resist the debuff, So does a resistance of 50 points mean a 50% chance of resisting the debuff? This is not the case. Deviating from the first example, you might think that each point of debuff resistance corresponds to a percentage point-but this is not the case. Let us look at this chart. If that is true, in the end, we may reach an absolute value-100% chance to cast or resist debuffs. At that time, the game is basically over, and the debuff has no meaning. This becomes a lengthy game of killing enemies…

 

If the mechanism is true, then we will get a line like this. We usually want players to have a chance to cast or resist debuffs, so we will use these raw data- Data from precision and resistance contests-lay them out on a curve. It is not difficult to see that this line will hardly be as low as 0% or as high as 100%. This means that, just like the fighter’s defense value stack, it exceeds a certain point, Having accuracy or resistance much higher than the enemy will become inefficient Your return on investment starts to decrease.

 

Because the curve will not reach 100, even if the fighter?s accuracy The difference in resistance with the target is huge, and the fighter still has a small chance of successfully resisting the debuff. vice versa. Even for highly resistant fighters, sometimes they will be debuffed by fighters with zero accuracy. But this chance is very small, so don’t expect it to happen. So, we have already explained the probability of adding debuffs and resisting debuffs, However, let us use a few more examples to consolidate our understanding. Assume that fighter A and fighter B have the same accuracy and resistance. Just use 100 and 100. When they fight, they cancel each other out, leaving 0 points of precision and 0 points of resistance. So what does this mean? Zero chance to add? Or is it a zero chance to resist? neither! Remember two things: First, the attacker has a default advantage, Even if it is 30 points lower than the enemy’s resistance, the chance of adding a debuff is still higher than the chance of failure.

 

Second, we don?t want guaranteed results-so 1 point of debuff resistance does not equal 1%. This is how they look on the chart. If the attributes of the fighters cancel each other out, then the attacker will have the advantage- There is about a 92% chance that the debuff will be added-but it still won’t reach 100%, and this is not guaranteed to happen. In our two examples, the advantage tends towards the offensive-even if the attributes show the opposite result- What is the meaning of this confrontation? Is it useless? Essentially, if you don’t want to get debuffs all day long, you need to add enough resistance to your fighters to overcome the initial advantage. If we draw a chart with a 50% chance of debuffing, We can get the result through trial and error-but let’s just give you the value.

 

To overcome the attacker’s default precision advantage, you need a resistance value of about 42 points. In this case, you can resist more than half of the debuffs. All fighters have an initial resistance advantage of 30, Therefore, unless the attacker wears a precision breastplate, you have already gained a clear advantage. We have explained all the principles to give you a full understanding, but what does this mean for players? How will it-or should-affect your strategy? In PvE, this is simple. The attributes of the enemy are the same and will not change due to the number of battles. You only need to try a few more times to test out the best precision value for adding debuffs you need. But PvP is different. To ensure victory in the arena, you need to increase your fighters Enough precision or resistance, so that it can always be reliable-because every player will do it. All this is to obtain the corresponding precision or resistance value to fight against most enemies Without sacrificing too many other attributes-but there is no fixed answer.

 

This is the key information you get from this video: (successfully adding debuffs) does not depend on the total value of precision or resistance you have… It does not depend on absolute values. No matter if you have 40 points or 140 points of accuracy- It depends on the resistance against the enemy and how much extra precision you have. All in all: if you can’t successfully add debuffs, there is nothing mysterious-add more precision.

 

Well, the biggest puzzle has been solved. Hope this video answers most of your questions about precision, resistance and how they interact! Think this video is useful? Like the video and subscribe to our channel. We have many more videos coming online soon. Take care, see you next time. undefined .

 

Read More: RAID: Shadow Legends | RAID For Beginners | Do?s And Don?ts

As found on YouTube