I’ll keep this post straight to the point. There are two things to get right with Finka in order to get the most out of her:
1. Time your boosts right.
This is a rather easy thing to achieve. The next points are aimed at non-communicating teams:
- Don’t waste a boost at the start of the round unless you know the enemy team is going all-in on spawn peeks.
- Use your first boost as soon as you think your team will engage on gunfights.
- Understand what your team is doing. If you or your team slows the push down and back up, don’t boost again. If the team keeps pushing, keep boosting.
- If you see a downed teammate, don’t boost unless you know he can’t get up by another teammate.
- Don’t be stingy. Using your boosts when only 2 attackers are alive means you are boosting 2 attackers. Those 3 dead teammates would have probably made a good use of a boost.
2. Team play, from the operator selection to the action phase.
- In most cases, strats shouldn’t be planned around Finka.
- That being said, using Finka allows your team to get the most out of LMG’s and shields. The team will benefit a lot using them as they go from being mediocre/situational choices to be very good choices thanks to Finka.
- Let your teammates know they can ask for a boost as soon as they need it.
- Stay alive. She is kind of an equivalent of Smoke/Lesion on attack. If you die with 1 boost left, that’s 1/3 of your utility wasted.