A Guide on how much explosive is needed to take out certain targets.
This is not a guide on how you should bomb (plenty of those out there)? but this should help you with what you can bomb. ?Targets were destroyed through center mass damage. ?Tried to ensure splash damage isnt a factor.
na ? Means that the bombs/rockets arent particularly effective but that doesn?t mean you wont be able to destroy the target with them? It would just take more.
Ill be doing the Airfield another day.
The follow chart lists the smallest amount of bombs/Rockets it takes to take out a target with direct hits? for optimal results, use the biggest possible bombs, ie: 4000lbs, 2000lbs, 1000kgs? etc.
- GREEN?: Any ordinance will work as well as guns
- Gray Shaded?: Ineffective, try a bigger bomb
- X:?Possible (may require multiple passes/reloads/salvos)
*************************** Japanese Bombs ? What are the difference between Mod?Marks and Type?Mods Bombs??Well? Currently?. Nothing.
Hmmm, ?It seems that the Type x Mod x Bombs might do abit more damage towards Naval targets, un sure if its the same for pillboxes and airfield.
How to tell what bomb does what? well that?s easy? first? all the bombs are High Explosive? that?s a given? now, special properties? Look at the nose tip, and for the fuse. Armour Piercing Bombs have their fuses on the tail section-tail fins and have a pointy nose. ? Lets go through the list?
- Type 97 Mod 6 (50kg)?Naval Bomb ? Land Targets ? Armour Piercing *No effect ingame*?***Proper name: Type 97 Number 6
- Mod 25 Mark 2 (250kg)?Naval Bomb ? Ordinary?***Proper name: Number 25 Model 2
- Type 98 Mod 25 (250kg)?Naval Bomb ? Land Targets?***Proper name: Type 98 Number 25
- Mod 50 Mark 2 (500kg)?Naval Bomb ? Ordinary?***Proper name: Number 50 Model 2
- Type 92 Mod 50 (500kg)?? Army Bomb?***Proper name: Type 92 Number 50
- Mod 80 Mark 1 (1000kg)?? Naval Bomb ? Ordinary?***Proper Name: Number 80 Model 1
- Type 99 Mod 80 (1000kg)?? Naval Bomb ? Ordinary ? Use for capital ships. Armour Piercing/Ships *current has no effect in game?***Proper name: Type 99 Number 80
Type = Year of adoption
Number = Approx. wt. in kg by adding zero
Model = Major change in bomb
Modification = Minor change in bomb
Land = Land use bomb
Ordinary = General Purpose
Mark 1-33 = Special bombs
- These bombs also have special color coding on its Nose, Body, Tail Fins, and certain bands that help you tell the difference if its used by the Navy (Gray Color) or Army(Black colour)? and where the Bomb was intended from Ships (Grey) or Land (Green nose/Tail fin).
- As of 1.33 the names are still incorrect.
AIRFIELD <Currently Testing Damage Model>
Things to know?
- Bombs DON?T clip in mid-air.
- Bombs/Rockets are not affected by the speed of the plane that launches them? they both have a set speed when launched.
- Torpedoes will damage/destroy any units that are on/in the water. ?This will include Float Planes, submerged Tanks/Vehicles and Bridges.
- Bomb-Activation Time?? Have no other effects than having your bomb explode after a certain period of hitting the ground/water. If it hits a destroyable unit? it will simply bounce through. This activation timer is helpful for low altitude-deck bombers so they don?t bomb themselves. This does not affect rockets or torpedoes.
- Japanese Mark 27 Rockets (60kg) and the Russian RS-82 Rockets?: these ordinance have very little ground splash, they?re intended for Air Targets, so if you want to use them for Ground targets, they must be direct hits? and on Heavy tanks? will not always kill from the front, the Japanese?s rocket specially. The Japanese rockets can be very effective when used on Air targets with the Air Detonation set.
- HIT THE CENTER MASS?? Less chance of missing and getting splash damage on the target(s). This is every important when attacking heavy armoured units with 100lb/50kg bombs.
- Rocket Air-Bust Activation?? Not all the rockets have Air Burst functions, mainly, the American rockets. ?Air Burst has a fairly significant splash radius, so careful of friendly fire.
- Light Tanks can be destroyed by rifle calibre bullets?(7.7mm / 12.7mm). Success is achieved by attacking from an angle BEHIND the tank.
- Medium Tanks are immune from rifle calibre rounds, and there is minimal success from 20mm cannon shots. Again, focus on the rear and top area of the tank.
- Anti-Tank Cannons (23mm, 37mm, 45mm and 50mm) Rounds?are well suited for dispatching tanks easily and can destroy Light and Medium tanks with ease, even to their frontal armour. ?Against Heavy Tanks, focus your attention with top and rear angle attacks.
- Planes & Ground targets?? Planes explode with the force of roughly an HVAR rocket with a splash of a 100lb bomb?(about 250lbs when it?s a B17), use at your own discretion.
- Bridges???Damaging/Destroying one part will destroy the whole structure, so try and focus your ordnance on one bridge section. ?Avoid hitting the overhead structures ( with low payload bombs and rockets, they dont seem to cause damage to the bridge structure) and focus instead on hitting the pillars to the ground and the road structure. ?The pillars are vulnerable to torpedoes and bomb skipping.
- Bombing Points?? Theses are found in the Korean Operations map for Historical battles. ?There are three kinds <ill have screenshots posted of them>
Hope this helps fellas.
Will be adding more guides in the future, Happy Fraggin?