For a better viewing experience, visit: ElGoblino.net
Why farm this?
Fel Scales used in a bunch of crafting recipes.
Crystal Infused Leather also used in a bunch of crafting recipes.
Dampscale Basilisk Eye used in changing from Aldor to Scryer in TBC. Part of an achievement.
1. Get Outland skinning. You can train this at Shattrath City.
2. Use a druid.
3. Get the appropriate addons to make your life easier. See this guide for reference.
4. Get Darkmoon Firewater for faster skinning.
From 5 hours:
Crystal Infused Leather
Dampscale Basilisk Eye
See this sheet for all the items and gold values.
Expected per hour value:
Raw gold: 222g LUL
Medium sell rate (1 week to 1 month): 2k
Long sell rate (several months up to over a year): 70k (50% of the price for transmog, non-mog gear and recipes)
If you’re unsure how to go about selling transmog, you can follow this guide. By using the strings and operations I provide, you will eventually sell it.
Spot & route <– click
Your faction’s main city -> Shattrath portal -> Fly South
Kill the basilisk’s around the lake, where the red lines are. These will respawn very quickly. There also are other basilisks that do NOT respawn quickly, where the red dots are. I spent most of the time going back and forth on the red lines and every few minutes, I would go on the red dots.
Save yourself some carpal tunnel – use a macro like this:
/cancelaura Travel Form
– These items sell SLOWLY. Do not expect to get a quick buck out of this farm.
– Ideally, you’ll use the materials to craft your own items.
– Don’t farm this for infinity hours, if you’re looking to sell everything on the auction house. Better to diversify markets than to go hard in only one.
– I’ve started streaming! Follow me and watch the farms live and come hang out! I’m looking for buddies to farm with!
Happy farming 🙂